Department of transportation.
The following activities of the department of transportation shall be exempt:
(1) Approval of the annual highway safety work program involving the highway-related safety standards pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 402;
(2) Issuance of road approach permits and right of way rental agreements;
(3) Establishment and changing of speed limits of 55 miles per hour or less;
(4) Revisions of existing access control involving a single property owner;
(5) Issuance of a "motorist information signing permit," granting a private business person the privilege of having a sign on highway right of way which informs the public of the availability of his or her services;
(6) Issuance of permits for special units relative to state highways;
(7) Issuance of permits for the movement of over-legal size and weight vehicles on state highways;
(8) Issuance of encroachment permits for road approaches, fences and landfills on highway right of way;
(9) Issuance of permits for utility occupancy of highway rights of way for use for distribution (as opposed to transmission).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
and 43.21C.100 [43.21C.170]. WSR 14-09-026 (Order 13-01), § 197-11-860, filed 4/9/14, effective 5/10/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
. WSR 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-860, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]