To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Department of transportation.
The following activities of the department of transportation shall be exempt:
(1) Approval of the annual highway safety work program involving the highway-related safety standards pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 402;
(2) Issuance of road approach permits and right of way rental agreements;
(3) Establishment and changing of speed limits of 55 miles per hour or less;
(4) Revisions of existing access control involving a single property owner;
(5) Issuance of a "motorist information signing permit," granting a private business person the privilege of having a sign on highway right of way which informs the public of the availability of his or her services;
(6) Issuance of permits for special units relative to state highways;
(7) Issuance of permits for the movement of over-legal size and weight vehicles on state highways;
(8) Issuance of encroachment permits for road approaches, fences and landfills on highway right of way;
(9) Issuance of permits for utility occupancy of highway rights of way for use for distribution (as opposed to transmission).
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
[43.21C.170]. WSR 14-09-026 (Order 13-01), § 197-11-860, filed 4/9/14, effective 5/10/14. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
. WSR 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-860, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]