To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) Comments on an EIS, DNS, scoping notice or proposal shall be as specific as possible and may address either the adequacy of the environmental document or the merits of the alternatives discussed or both.
(2) Commenters shall briefly describe the nature of any documents referenced in their comments, indicating the material's relevance, and should indicate where the material can be reviewed or obtained.
(3) Methodology. When an agency criticizes a lead agency's predictive methodology, the commenting agency should describe, when possible, the alternative methodology which it prefers and why.
(4) Additional information. A consulted agency shall specify in its comments whether it needs additional information to fulfill other applicable environmental reviews or consultation requirements and what information it needs, to the extent permitted by the details available on the proposal.
(5) Mitigation measures. When an agency with jurisdiction objects to or expresses concerns about a proposal, it shall specify the mitigation measures, if any are possible, it considers necessary to allow an agency to grant or approve applicable licenses.
(6) Comments by other agencies. Commenting agencies that are not consulted agencies shall specify any additional information or mitigation measures the commenting agency believes are necessary or desirable to satisfy its concerns.
(7) Citizen comments. Recognizing their generally more limited resources, members of the public shall make their comments as specific as possible and are encouraged to comment on methodology needed, additional information, and mitigation measures in the manner indicated in this section.
(8) An agency shall consider and may respond to comments as the agency deems appropriate; the requirements for responding in a FEIS shall be met (WAC 197-11-560
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
. WSR 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-550, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]