(1) A draft EIS shall be issued by the responsible official and sent to the following:
(a) The department of ecology (2 copies).
(b) Each federal agency with jurisdiction over the proposal.
(c) Each agency with jurisdiction over or environmental expertise on the proposal.
(d) Each city/county in which adverse environmental impacts identified in the EIS may occur, if the proposal were implemented.
(e) Each local agency or political subdivision whose public services would be changed as a result of implementation of the proposal.
(f) The applicable local, area-wide, or regional agency, if any, that has been designated under federal law to conduct intergovernmental review and coordinate federal activities with state or local planning.
(g) Any person requesting a copy of the EIS from the lead agency (fee may be charged for DEIS, see WAC 197-11-504
(h) Any affected tribe.
(2) The lead agency is encouraged to send a notice of availability or a copy of the DEIS to any person, organization or governmental agency that has expressed an interest in the proposal, is known by the lead agency to have an interest in the type of proposal being considered, or receives governmental documents (for example, local and regional libraries). This is not meant to duplicate subsection (1)(g) of this section.
(3) The lead agency should make additional copies available at its offices to be reviewed or obtained.
(4) The date of issue is the date the DEIS is publicly available and sent to the department of ecology and other agencies with jurisdiction.
(5) Notice that a DEIS is available shall be given under WAC 197-11-510
(6) Any person or agency shall have thirty days from the date of issue in which to review and comment upon the DEIS.
(7) Upon request, the lead agency may grant an extension of up to fifteen days to the comment period. Agencies and the public must request any extension before the end of the comment period.
(8) The rules for notice, costs, commenting, and response to comments on EISs are stated in Part Five of these rules.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.21C.110
. WSR 84-05-020 (Order DE 83-39), § 197-11-455, filed 2/10/84, effective 4/4/84.]