Performance standards for collectors.
(1) CEPs collected for a plan must be collected from covered entities free of charge except for the following services:
(a) Premium services as described in an approved plan to cover the costs not paid by the standard or independent plans;
(b) Curbside collection services to cover the costs not paid by the standard or independent plans; or
(c) Collection of large quantities of CEPs from small businesses, small governments, charities, and school districts as defined in WAC 173-900-355
(2) A registered collector must not process CEPs, or components, for purposes of recycling or disposal, unless they also meet the direct processor performance standards and are a registered direct processor under this chapter.
(3) In addition to the requirements in this chapter, all registered collectors must comply with all applicable environmental laws, rules, and local ordinances.
(4) When providing collection services for a plan, the registered collector must:
(a) Staff the site during operating hours.
(b) Notify the authority and/or authorized party of any changes in hours and days of operation and types of CEPs accepted if the collection services provided are identified in an ecology approved plan.
(c) Provide enclosed storage areas with impervious floors so that the CEPs and components collected are protected from the weather.
(d) Collectors must post, in a readily visible location, information that can be shared with covered entities about how and where CEPs received into the program are recycled. Recycling information is provided by the plan(s) for which the collector is providing services.
(e) If a registered collector also gleans CEPs or components for reuse, they must notify the covered entity.
(5) A registered collector must allow access to ecology for inspections to determine compliance with the requirements in this chapter.
(6) No entity shall claim to be collecting CEPs for a plan unless the entity is registered as a collector and submits all collected CEPs to a plan. Except fully functional CEPs and components may be gleaned for reuse. Collectors shall not include gleaned CEPs and components for reuse in the weight totals for plan compensation.
(7) A registered collector must notify the authority and authorized parties for all plans that the collector submits CEPs if the collector's days/hours of operations change or the collector changes the CEPs collected.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.95N.230
. WSR 16-06-107 (Order 15-03), § 173-900-450, filed 3/1/16, effective 4/1/16. Statutory Authority: Chapters 70.95N
, 70.105, and 70.105D
RCW. WSR 07-21-013 (Order 07-05), § 173-900-450, filed 10/5/07, effective 11/5/07.]