Unless otherwise specified by the department, all reports, plans, specifications, and similar information submitted under this chapter shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Cover letter. Include a letter describing the submittal and specifying the desired department action or response.
(2) Number of copies. Three copies of the plan or report shall be submitted to the department's office responsible for the facility. The department may require additional copies to meet public participation and interagency coordination needs.
(3) Certification. Except as otherwise provided for in RCW 18.43.130
, all engineering work submitted under this chapter shall be under the seal of a professional engineer registered with the state of Washington.
(4) Visuals. Maps, figures, photographs, and tables to clarify information or conclusions shall be legible. All maps, plan sheets, drawings, and cross-sections shall meet the following requirements:
(a) To facilitate filing and handling, be on paper no larger than 24 x 36 inches and no smaller than 8 1/2 x 11 inches. Photo-reduced copies of plan sheets may be submitted provided at least one full-sized copy of the photo-reduced sheets are included in the submittal.
(b) Identify and use appropriate and consistent scales to show all required details in sufficient clarity.
(c) Be numbered, titled, have a legend of all symbols used, and specify drafting or origination dates.
(d) Contain a north arrow.
(e) Use United States Geological Survey datum as a basis for all elevations.
(f) For planimetric views, show a survey grid based on monuments established in the field and referenced to state plane coordinates. This requirement does not apply to conceptual diagrams or sketches when the exact location of items shown is not needed to convey the necessary information.
(g) Where grades are to be changed, show original topography in addition to showing the changed site topography. This requirement does not apply to conceptual diagrams or sketches where before and after topography is not needed to convey the necessary information.
(h) For cross-sections, identify the location and be cross-referenced to the appropriate planimetric view. A reduced diagram of a cross-section location map shall be included on the sheets with the cross-sections.
(5) Sampling data. All sampling data shall be submitted consistent with procedures specified by the department. Unless otherwise specified by the department, all such sampling data shall be submitted in both printed form and an electronic form capable of being transferred into the department's data management system.
(6) Appendix. An appendix providing the principal information relied upon in preparation of the submittal. This should include, for example: A complete citation of references; applicable raw data; a description of, or where readily available, reference to testing and sampling procedures used; relevant calculations; and any other information needed to facilitate review.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 70.105D RCW. 01-05-024 (Order 97-09A), § 173-340-840, filed 2/12/01, effective 8/15/01; 90-08-086, § 173-340-840, filed 4/3/90, effective 5/4/90.]