(1) At any flow rate measured by the meter, the meter itself shall be rated by the manufacturer to register not less than ninety-five percent, nor more than one hundred five percent, of the water actually passing through the meter.
(2) At any flow rate measured by the measuring system; i.e., meter plus any secondary equipment such as data recorders; the system shall register not less than ninety percent, nor more than one hundred ten percent, of the water actually passing through the system.
(3) The meter shall have a visual totalizer or the facility shall be capable of totalizing the flow. The totalizer shall contain sufficient recording digits to ensure that "roll over" to zero does not occur before the next recording period.
(4) The department may require that the measuring device be capable of indicating flow rate as well as totalized flow.
(5) For other conditions necessary to ensure accurate and precise measurement data, the selection, installation and maintenance of measuring devices by water users shall be guided by generally accepted industry standards, such as the American Water Works Association standards and information from the manufacturer. These standards also shall be used by the department in making decisions as to the appropriate selection, installation, operation and maintenance of measuring devices acceptable under this rule.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 90.03.360, 90.44.050, [90.44.]250,[90.44.]450 and chapter 43.21A RCW. 02-02-017 (Order 00-01), § 173-173-100, filed 12/21/01, effective 1/21/02.]