Tuition charges for certain ungraded courses.
(1) The state board shall designate ungraded courses. These courses may be offered at tuition rates that differ from the standard rates set by WAC 131-28-025
. Ungraded shall mean courses not categorized by level of instruction and may be assigned degree credit or letter grades.
(2) Ungraded courses shall meet the following qualifications:
(a) The course has a specialized purpose in that it is intended to meet the unique educational needs of a specific category or group of students.
(b) The course is offered for the purpose of providing the individual student with a discrete skill or basic body of knowledge that is intended to enhance potential for initial or continued employment, parenting skills or retirement.
(d) The course is not one specifically or primarily intended to satisfy requirements for receiving a high school diploma.
(3) Colleges may establish the amount of waiver for the following ungraded courses:
(a) Farm management and small business management;
(b) Emergency medical technician and paramedic continuing education;
(d) Industrial first aid offered to satisfy WISHA and approved by the department of labor and industries;
(e) Journeyperson training in cooperation with joint apprenticeship and training committees;
(f) Parenting education including, but not limited to, cooperative preschool programs.
(4) The waiver amounts for the following ungraded courses shall conform with the following schedule:
(a) Adult basic education, English as a second language, GED preparation: An amount to be established by the state board.
(b) Courses offered for the purpose of satisfying related or supplemental educational requirements for apprentices registered with the Washington state apprenticeship council or federal Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training: A college shall waive one-half of the standard per credit tuition and services and activities fee. The college may convert the credit hour charge to a rounded amount per clock hour. Colleges may deduct the tuition owed from training contracts with apprentice organizations.
(5) Students taking both regular and ungraded courses will be charged separately for the courses.
(6) Application of this section shall be subject to administrative procedures established by the state director with respect to maximum credit values of such ungraded courses, curriculum, or any unique circumstances related to enrollment in such courses.
(7) Ungraded course fees received pursuant to this section shall be accounted for and deposited in local community college operating fee accounts established in RCW 28B.15.031
(8) Ungraded course fees may be paid by the sponsoring entity rather than an individual student.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.069
. WSR 12-14-020, § 131-28-026, filed 6/22/12, effective 7/23/12. Statutory Authority: Chapter 28B.50
RCW. WSR 05-14-070, § 131-28-026, filed 6/30/05, effective 7/31/05; WSR 04-11-027, § 131-28-026, filed 5/11/04, effective 6/11/04; WSR 03-19-050, § 131-28-026, filed 9/10/03, effective 10/11/03; WSR 98-22-062, § 131-28-026, filed 11/2/98, effective 12/3/98. Statutory Authority: Chapters 28B.15
RCW. WSR 96-03-049, § 131-28-026, filed 1/12/96, effective 1/12/96; WSR 95-13-070, § 131-28-026, filed 6/20/95, effective 7/21/95. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.502
and 1992 c 231, 232 and 238. WSR 92-14-033 (Order 139, Resolution No. 92-06-39), § 131-28-026, filed 6/23/92, effective 7/24/92. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.502
. WSR 91-21-011 (Order 133, Resolution No. 91-49), § 131-28-026, filed 10/4/91, effective 11/4/91. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.090
(7)(d) and (10), 28B.50.851, 28B.15.502(4), 28B.15.522, 28B.50.140(3) and 1990 c 29. WSR 90-20-009 (Order 122, Resolution Nos. 90-42 and 90-43), § 131-28-026, filed 9/20/90, effective 10/21/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.502
. WSR 89-14-037 (Order 116, Resolution No. 89-16), § 131-28-026, filed 6/29/89. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.502
and 28B.15.740. WSR 82-22-023 (Order 94, Resolution No. 82-37), § 131-28-026, filed 10/26/82. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.502
. WSR 82-11-035 (Order 93, Resolution No. 82-16), § 131-28-026, filed 5/11/82. Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.15.500
as amended by chapter 257, Laws of 1981. WSR 81-19-060 (Order 89, Resolution No. 81-65), § 131-28-026, filed 9/14/81. Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.04
RCW and WAC 1-12-065. WSR 78-07-064 (Order 71, Resolution No. 78-29), § 131-28-026, filed 6/30/78; Order 63 and Emergency Order 64, § 131-28-026, filed 9/13/77, effective 9/13/77; Order 25, § 131-28-026, filed 4/22/74, effective 7/1/74.]