For the purposes of this chapter the supervisors may authorize:
(1) An annual excess ad valorem tax levy within any zone or participating zones when authorized by the voters of the zone or participating zones under RCW 84.52.052 and 84.52.054;
(2) An assessment upon property, including state property, specially benefited by flood control improvements or storm water control improvements imposed under chapter 86.09 RCW;
(3) Within any zone or participating zones an annual ad valorem property tax levy of not to exceed fifty cents per thousand dollars of assessed value when the levy will not take dollar rates that other taxing districts may lawfully claim and that will not cause the combined levies to exceed the constitutional and/or statutory limitations, and the additional levy, or any portion thereof, may also be made when dollar rates of other taxing units is released therefor by agreement with the other taxing units from their authorized levies;
(4) A charge, under RCW 36.89.080, for the furnishing of service to those who are receiving or will receive benefits from storm water control facilities and who are contributing to an increase in surface water runoff. The rate or charge imposed under this section shall be reduced by a minimum of ten percent for any new or remodeled commercial building that utilizes a permissive rainwater harvesting system. Rainwater harvesting systems shall be properly sized to utilize the available roof surface of the building. The jurisdiction shall consider rate reductions in excess of ten percent dependent upon the amount of rainwater harvested;
(5) Except as otherwise provided in RCW 90.03.525, any public entity and public property, including the state and state property, shall be liable for the charges to the same extent a private person and privately owned property is liable for the charges, and in setting these rates and charges, consideration may be made of in-kind services, such as stream improvements or donation of property;
(6) The creation of local improvement districts and utility local improvement districts, the issuance of improvement district bonds and warrants, and the imposition, collection, and enforcement of special assessments on all property, including any state-owned or other publicly-owned property, specially benefited from improvements in the same manner as provided for counties by chapter 36.94 RCW.
[2003 c 394 § 8; 1986 c 278 § 60; 1983 c 315 § 19; 1973 1st ex.s. c 195 § 131; 1961 c 153 § 16.]
| Severability -- 1986 c 278: See note following RCW 36.01.010.|
Severability -- 1983 c 315: See note following RCW 90.03.500.
Severability -- Effective dates and termination dates -- Construction -- 1973 1st ex.s. c 195: See notes following RCW 84.52.043.
Rates and charges for storm water control facilities -- Limitations -- Definitions: RCW 90.03.500 through 90.03.525. See also RCW 35.67.025, 35.92.021, 36.89.085, and 36.94.145.