(1) The department may, by order, revoke the certificate of registration of a taxpayer for any of the following reasons:
(a) A warrant issued under this chapter is not paid within thirty days after it has been filed with the clerk of the superior court;
(b) The taxpayer is delinquent, for three consecutive reporting periods, in the transmission to the department of retail sales tax collected by the taxpayer; or
(c)(i)(A) The taxpayer was convicted of violating RCW 82.32.290
(4) and continues to engage in business without fully complying with RCW 82.32.290
(4)(b) (i) through (iii); or
(B) A person convicted of violating RCW 82.32.290
(4) is an owner, officer, director, partner, trustee, member, or manager of the taxpayer, and the person and taxpayer have not fully complied with RCW 82.32.290
(4)(b) (i) through (iii).
(ii) For the purposes of this subsection (1)(c), the terms "manager," "member," and "officer" mean the same as defined in RCW 82.32.145
(2) If the department enters a final order revoking a taxpayer's certificate of registration, a copy of the order must, if practicable, be posted in a conspicuous place at the main entrance to the taxpayer's place of business. The department may also post a final order revoking a taxpayer's certificate of registration in any public facility, such as a courthouse or post office, as may be allowed by the public entity that owns or occupies the facility. A final order posted at the taxpayer's place of business must remain posted until such time as the taxpayer is eligible to have its certificate of registration reinstated as provided in subsection (3) of this section or has abandoned the premises. A taxpayer will not be deemed to have abandoned the premises if the taxpayer or any person with an ownership interest in the taxpayer continues to operate a substantially similar type of business under a different legal entity at the same location.
(3) Any certificate revoked under subsection (1) of this section may not be reinstated, nor may a new certificate of registration be issued to the taxpayer, until:
(a) The amount due on the warrant has been paid, or provisions for payment satisfactory to the department have been entered, and until the taxpayer has deposited with the department security for payment of any taxes, increases, and penalties, due or which may become due in an amount and under such terms and conditions as the department of revenue may require, but the amount of the security may not be greater than one-half the estimated average annual liability of the taxpayer; or
(b) The taxpayer and, if applicable, the owner, officer, director, partner, trustee, member, or manager of the taxpayer who was convicted of violating RCW 82.32.290
(4) are in full compliance with RCW 82.32.290
(4)(b) (i) through (iii), if the certificate of registration was revoked under the provisions of subsection (1)(c) of this section.
[2013 c 309 § 1; 1998 c 311 § 9; 1983 1st ex.s. c 55 § 9.]
Effective dates—1983 1st ex.s. c 55:
See note following RCW 82.08.010