Water trail recreation program — Powers and duties.
In addition to its other powers, duties, and functions, the commission may:
(1) Plan, construct, and maintain suitable facilities for water trail activities on lands administered or acquired by the commission or as authorized on lands administered by tribes or other public agencies or private landowners by agreement.
(2) Compile, publish, distribute, and charge a fee for maps or other forms of public information indicating areas and facilities suitable for water trail activities.
(3) Contract with a public agency, private entity, or person for the actual conduct of these duties.
(4) Work with individuals or organizations who wish to volunteer their time to support the water trail recreation program.
(5) Provide expertise and consultation to individuals, agencies, and organizations in the continued development of water trail sites in this state.
[2003 c 338 § 2; 2003 c 126 § 601; 1993 c 182 § 2. Formerly RCW 43.51.442.]
| Reviser's note: This section was amended by 2003 c 126 § 601 and by 2003 c 338 § 2, each without reference to the other. Both amendments are incorporated in the publication of this section under RCW 1.12.025(2). For rule of construction, see RCW 1.12.025(1).|
Part headings not law -- 2003 c 126: "Part headings used in this act are not any part of the law." [2003 c 126 § 1001.]
Effective date -- 2003 c 126: "This act is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, or safety, or support of the state government and its existing public institutions, and takes effect July 1, 2003." [2003 c 126 § 1003.]