Written policy guidelines.
The facility shall develop written guidelines governing:
(1) All services provided by the facility;
(2) Admission, transfer or discharge;
(3) The use of chemical and physical restraints, the personnel authorized to administer restraints in an emergency, and procedures for monitoring and controlling the use of the restraints;
(4) Procedures for receiving and responding to residents' complaints and recommendations;
(5) Access to, duplication of, and dissemination of information from the resident's record;
(6) Residents' rights, privileges, and duties;
(7) Procedures if the resident is adjudicated incompetent or incapable of understanding his or her rights and responsibilities;
(8) When to recommend initiation of guardianship proceedings under chapter 11.88 RCW; and
(10) Procedures for isolation of residents with infectious diseases;
(11) Procedures for residents to refuse treatment and for the facility to document informed refusal.
The written guidelines shall be made available to the staff, residents, members of residents' families, and the public.
[1980 c 184 § 12; 1979 ex.s. c 211 § 43.]