(1) The Washington basic health plan is created as a program within the Washington state health care authority. The administrative head and appointing authority of the plan shall be the *administrator of the Washington state health care authority. The *administrator shall appoint a medical director. The medical director and up to five other employees of the plan shall be exempt from the civil service law, chapter 41.06
(2) The *administrator shall employ such other staff as are necessary to fulfill the responsibilities and duties of the *administrator, such staff to be subject to the civil service law, chapter 41.06
RCW. In addition, the *administrator may contract with third parties for services necessary to carry out its activities where this will promote economy, avoid duplication of effort, and make best use of available expertise. Any such contractor or consultant shall be prohibited from releasing, publishing, or otherwise using any information made available to it under its contractual responsibility without specific permission of the plan. The *administrator may call upon other agencies of the state to provide available information as necessary to assist the *administrator in meeting its responsibilities under this chapter, which information shall be supplied as promptly as circumstances permit.
(3) The *administrator may appoint such technical or advisory committees as he or she deems necessary.
(4) The *administrator may apply for, receive, and accept grants, gifts, and other payments, including property and service, from any governmental or other public or private entity or person, and may make arrangements as to the use of these receipts, including the undertaking of special studies and other projects relating to health care costs and access to health care.
(5) Whenever feasible, the *administrator shall reduce the administrative cost of operating the program by adopting joint policies or procedures applicable to both the basic health plan and employee health plans.
Effective date—2010 1st sp.s. c 26; 2010 1st sp.s. c 7:
See note following RCW 43.03.027
Findings—Intent—1993 c 492:
See notes following RCW 43.20.050
Short title—Savings—Reservation of legislative power—Effective dates—1993 c 492:
See RCW 43.72.910