The definitions in this section apply throughout RCW 70.14.090 through 70.14.130 unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Administrator" means the administrator of the Washington state health care authority under chapter 41.05 RCW.
(2) "Advisory group" means a group established under RCW 70.14.110(2)(c).
(3) "Committee" means the health technology clinical committee established under RCW 70.14.090.
(4) "Coverage determination" means a determination of the circumstances, if any, under which a health technology will be included as a covered benefit in a state purchased health care program.
(5) "Health technology" means medical and surgical devices and procedures, medical equipment, and diagnostic tests. Health technologies does not include prescription drugs governed by RCW 70.14.050.
(6) "Participating agency" means the department of social and health services, the state health care authority, and the department of labor and industries.
(7) "Reimbursement determination" means a determination to provide or deny reimbursement for a health technology included as a covered benefit in a specific circumstance for an individual patient who is eligible to receive health care services from the state purchased health care program making the determination.
[2006 c 307 § 1.]
| Captions not law -- 2006 c 307: "Captions used in this act are not any part of the law." [2006 c 307 § 10.]|
Conflict with federal requirements -- 2006 c 307: "If any part of this act is found to be in conflict with federal requirements that are a prescribed condition to the allocation of federal funds to the state, the conflicting part of this act is inoperative solely to the extent of the conflict and with respect to the agencies directly affected, and this finding does not affect the operation of the remainder of this act in its application to the agencies concerned. Rules adopted under this act must meet federal requirements that are a necessary condition to the receipt of federal funds by the state." [2006 c 307 § 11.]