The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Community sexual assault program" means a community-based social service agency that is qualified to provide and provides core services to victims of sexual assault.
(2) "Core services" means those services that are victim-centered community-based advocacy responses to alleviate the impact of sexual assault, as delineated in the Washington state sexual assault services plan of 1995 and its subsequent revisions.
(3) "Department" means the department of commerce.
(4) "Law enforcement agencies" means police and sheriff's departments and tribal law enforcement departments or agencies of this state.
(5) "Personal representative" means a friend, relative, attorney, or employee or volunteer from a community sexual assault program or specialized treatment service provider.
(6) "Services for underserved populations" means culturally relevant victim-centered community-based advocacy responses to alleviate the impact of sexual assault, as delineated in the Washington state sexual assault services plan of 1995 and its subsequent revisions.
(7) "Sexual assault" means one or more of the following:
(a) Rape or rape of a child;
(b) Assault with intent to commit rape or rape of a child;
(c) Incest or indecent liberties;
(d) Child molestation;
(e) Sexual misconduct with a minor;
(f) Custodial sexual misconduct;
(g) Crimes with a sexual motivation;
(h) Sexual exploitation or commercial sex abuse of a minor;
(i) Promoting prostitution; or
(j) An attempt to commit any of the aforementioned offenses.
(8) "Specialized services" means those services intended to alleviate the impact of sexual assault, as delineated in the Washington state sexual assault services plan of 1995 and its subsequent revisions.
(9) "Victim" means any person who suffers physical, emotional, financial, and psychological impact as a proximate result of a sexual assault.
[2012 c 29 § 10. Prior: 2009 c 565 § 50; 2000 c 54 § 1; 1999 c 45 § 6; 1996 c 123 § 6; 1988 c 145 § 19; 1979 ex.s. c 219 § 3.]
| Transfer of powers and duties -- 1996 c 123: "The powers and duties of the department of social and health services under this chapter shall be transferred to the *department of community, trade, and economic development on July 1, 1996. The department of social and health services shall transfer all unspent appropriated funds, records, and documents necessary to facilitate a successful transfer." [1996 c 123 § 9.]|
*Reviser's note: The "department of community, trade, and economic development" was renamed the "department of commerce" by 2009 c 565.
Effective date -- 1996 c 123: See note following RCW 43.280.010.
Effective date -- Savings -- Application -- 1988 c 145: See notes following RCW 9A.44.010.
Severability -- 1979 ex.s. c 219: See note following RCW 70.125.010.