(a) The drugs and other substances listed in this section, by whatever official name, common or usual name, chemical name, or brand name designated, are included in Schedule II.
(b) Substances. (Vegetable origin or chemical synthesis.) Unless specifically excepted, any of the following substances, except those listed in other schedules, whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by combination of extraction and chemical synthesis:
(1) Opium and opiate, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate, excluding apomorphine, thebaine-derived butorphanol, dextrorphan, nalbuphine, nalmefene, naloxone, and naltrexone, and their respective salts, but including the following:
(i) Raw opium;
(ii) Opium extracts;
(iii) Opium fluid;
(iv) Powdered opium;
(v) Granulated opium;
(vi) Tincture of opium;
(x) Etorphine hydrochloride;
(xvii) Oxymorphone; and
(2) Any salt, compound, isomer, derivative, or preparation thereof that is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in subsection (b)(1) of this section, but not including the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium.
(3) Opium poppy and poppy straw.
(4) Coca leaves and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of coca leaves including cocaine and ecgonine, and their salts, isomers, derivatives, and salts of isomers and derivatives, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, except that the substances shall not include decocainized coca leaves or extractions of coca leaves which do not contain cocaine or ecgonine.
(5) Concentrate of poppy straw (The crude extract of poppy straw in either liquid, solid, or powder form which contains the phenanthrene alkaloids of the opium poppy.)
(c) Opiates. Unless specifically excepted or unless in another schedule, any of the following synthetic opiates, including its isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers, whenever the existence of such isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation, dextrorphan and levopropoxyphene excepted:
(5) Bulk dextropropoxyphene (nondosage forms);
(11) Levo-alphacetylmethadol, also known as levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, levomethadyl acetate, or LAAM;
(16) Methadone—Intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4, 4-diphenyl butane;
(17) Moramide—Intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenylpropane-carboxylic acid;
(18) Pethidine (meperidine);
(19) Pethidine—Intermediate-A, 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine;
(20) Pethidine—Intermediate-B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate;
(21) Pethidine-Intermediate-C, 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid;
(d) Stimulants. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a stimulant effect on the central nervous system:
(1) Amphetamine, its salts, optical isomers, and salts of its optical isomers;
(2) Methamphetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers;
(3) Phenmetrazine and its salts;
(5) Lisdexamfetamine, its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers.
(e) Depressants. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a depressant effect on the central nervous system, including its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(f) Hallucinogenic substances.
Nabilone: Some trade or other names are ( ± )-trans3-(1,1-dimethlheptyl)-6,6a,7,8,10,10a-hexahydro-1-hydroxy-6,6-dimethyl-9H-dibenzol[b,d]pyran-9-one.
(g) Immediate precursors. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(1) Immediate precursor to amphetamine and methamphetamine:
(i) Phenylacetone: Some trade or other names phenyl-2-propanone, P2P, benzyl methyl ketone, methyl benzyl ketone.
(2) Immediate precursors to phencyclidine (PCP):
(ii) 1-piperidinocyclohexanecarbonitrile (PCC).
The controlled substances in this section may be added, rescheduled, or deleted as provided for in RCW 69.50.201.
[2010 c 177 § 3; 1993 c 187 § 6; 1986 c 124 § 4; 1980 c 138 § 2; 1971 ex.s. c 308 § 69.50.206.]
|State board of pharmacy may change schedules of controlled substances: RCW 69.50.201.|