There is a retailer's license to be designated as a special occasion license to be issued to a not-for-profit society or organization to sell spirits, beer, and wine by the individual serving for on-premises consumption at a specified event, such as at picnics or other special occasions, at a specified date and place; fee sixty dollars per day.
(1) The not-for-profit society or organization is limited to sales of no more than twelve calendar days per year. For the purposes of this subsection, special occasion licensees that are "agricultural area fairs" or "agricultural county, district, and area fairs," as defined by RCW 15.76.120
, that receive a special occasion license may, once per calendar year, count as one event fairs that last multiple days, so long as alcohol sales are at set dates, times, and locations, and the board receives prior notification of the dates, times, and locations. The special occasion license applicant will pay the sixty dollars per day for this event.
(2) The licensee may sell spirits, beer, and/or wine in original, unopened containers for off-premises consumption if permission is obtained from the board prior to the event.
(3) In addition to offering the sale of wine by the individual serving for on-premises consumption, the licensee may sell wine in original, unopened containers for on-premises consumption if permission is obtained from the board prior to the event.
(4) Sale, service, and consumption of spirits, beer, and wine is to be confined to specified premises or designated areas only.
(5) Liquor sold under this special occasion license must be purchased from a licensee of the board.
(6) Any violation of this section is a class 1 civil infraction having a maximum penalty of two hundred fifty dollars as provided for in chapter 7.80
Finding—Application—Rules—Effective date—Contingent effective date—2012 c 2 (Initiative Measure No. 1183):
See notes following RCW 66.24.620
Effective date—1997 c 321:
See note following RCW 66.24.010
Effective date—1981 1st ex.s. c 5:
See RCW 66.98.100
Severability—Effective date—1973 1st ex.s. c 209:
See notes following RCW 66.20.160
"Society or organization" defined for certain purposes: RCW 66.24.375