Information held private and confidential — Requests for disclosure.
(1) If information provided to the department by another governmental agency is held private and confidential by state or federal laws, the department may not release such information.
(2) Information provided to the department by another governmental entity conditioned upon privacy and confidentiality is to be held private and confidential according to the agreement between the department and other governmental agency.
(3) The department may hold private and confidential information obtained for statistical analysis, research, or study purposes if the information was supplied voluntarily, conditioned upon maintaining confidentiality of the information.
(4) Persons requesting disclosure of information held by the department under subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall request such disclosure from the agency providing the information to the department rather than from the department.
(5) This section supersedes any provisions of chapter 42.56 RCW to the contrary.
[2005 c 274 § 319; 1989 c 92 § 3.]