(1) During a period of military conflict, an employee who is the spouse of a member of the armed forces of the United States, national guard, or reserves who has been notified of an impending call or order to active duty or has been deployed is entitled to a total of fifteen days of unpaid leave per deployment after the military spouse has been notified of an impending call or order to active duty and before deployment or when the military spouse is on leave from deployment.
(2) An employee who takes leave under this chapter is entitled: (a) To be restored to a position of employment in the same manner as an employee entitled to leave under chapter 49.78
RCW is restored to a position of employment, as specified in RCW 49.78.280
; and (b) to continue benefits in the same manner as an employee entitled to leave under chapter 49.78
RCW continues benefits, as specified in RCW 49.78.290
(3) An employee who seeks to take leave under this chapter must provide the employer with notice, within five business days of receiving official notice of an impending call or order to active duty or of a leave from deployment, of the employee's intention to take leave under this chapter.
(4) An employer from which an employee seeks to take leave or takes leave under this chapter shall not engage in prohibited acts as specified in RCW 49.78.300
(5) An employee who takes leave under this chapter may elect to substitute any of the accrued leave to which the employee may be entitled for any part of the leave provided under this chapter.
(6) The department shall administer the provisions of this chapter, and may adopt rules as necessary to implement this chapter.
(7) This chapter shall be enforced as provided in chapter 49.78