The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Appointing insurer" means the insurer appointing the vendor as its agent under a specialty producer license.
(2) "Customer" means a person that enters into a portable electronics transaction with a vendor.
(3) "Federal securities law" means the securities act of 1933, the securities exchange act of 1934, and the investment company act of 1940.
(4) "Location" means any physical locale in this state and any web site, call center site, or similar site directed to residents of this state.
(5) "Portable electronics" means personal, self-contained, easily carried by an individual, battery-operated electronic communication, viewing, listening, recording, gaming, computing or global positioning devices and other similar devices and their accessories, and service related to the use of such devices.
(6) "Portable electronics insurance program" means an insurance program as described in RCW 48.120.015
(7) "Portable electronics transaction" means the sale or lease of portable electronics or the sale of a service related to the use of portable electronics by a vendor to a customer.
(8) "Specialty producer license" means a license issued under RCW 48.120.010
that authorizes a vendor to offer or sell insurance as provided in RCW 48.120.015
(9) "Supervising person" means a licensed insurer or an appointed insurance producer licensed under RCW 48.17.090
who provides training as described in RCW 48.120.020
and is appointed by an insurer to supervise the administration of a portable electronics insurance program.
(10) "Vendor" means a person in the business of, directly or indirectly, engaging in portable electronics transactions.
The definitions in this section have been alphabetized pursuant to RCW 1.08.015
Severability—Effective date—2008 c 217:
See notes following RCW 48.03.020