"General casualty insurance" includes vehicle insurance as defined in RCW 48.11.060, and in addition is insurance:
(1) Against legal liability for the death, injury, or disability of any human being, or for damage to property.
(2) Of medical, hospital, surgical and funeral benefits to persons injured, irrespective of legal liability of the insured, when issued with or supplemental to insurance against legal liability for the death, injury or disability of human beings.
(3) Of the obligations accepted by, imposed upon, or assumed by employers under law for workers' compensation.
(4) Against loss or damage by burglary, theft, larceny, robbery, forgery, fraud, vandalism, malicious mischief, confiscation or wrongful conversion, disposal or concealment, or from any attempt of any of the foregoing; also insurance against loss of or damage to moneys, coins, bullion, securities, notes, drafts, acceptances or any other valuable papers or documents, resulting from any cause, except while in the custody or possession of and being transported by any carrier for hire or in the mail.
(5) Upon personal effects against loss or damage from any cause.
(6) Against loss or damage to glass, including its lettering, ornamentation and fittings.
(7) Against any liability and loss or damage to property resulting from accidents to or explosions of boilers, pipes, pressure containers, machinery, or apparatus and to make inspection of and issue certificates of inspection upon elevators, boilers, machinery, and apparatus of any kind.
(8) Against loss or damage to any property caused by the breakage or leakage of sprinklers, water pipes and containers, or by water entering through leaks or openings in buildings.
(9) Against loss or damage resulting from failure of debtors to pay their obligations to the insured (credit insurance).
(10) Against any other kind of loss, damage, or liability properly the subject of insurance and not within any other kind or kinds of insurance as defined in this chapter, if such insurance is not contrary to law or public policy.
[1987 c 185 § 18; 1953 c 197 § 5; 1947 c 79 § .11.07; Rem. Supp. 1947 § 45.11.07.]
| Intent -- Severability -- 1987 c 185: See notes following RCW 51.12.130.|