Manufactured homes, mobile homes, recreational vehicles — Definitions.
Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout RCW 43.22.340 through 43.22.434, 43.22.442, and 43.22.495.
(1) "Conversion vendor units" means a motor vehicle or recreational vehicle that has been converted or built for the purpose of being used for commercial sales at temporary locations. The units must be less than eight feet six inches wide in the set-up position and the inside working area must be less than forty feet in length.
(2) "Indigent" means a person receiving an annual income, after taxes, of one hundred twenty-five percent or less of the current federally established poverty level.
(3) "Manufactured home" means a single-family dwelling required to be built in accordance with regulations adopted under the national manufactured housing construction and safety standards act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 5401 et seq.).
(4) "Medical unit" means a self-propelled unit used to provide medical examinations, treatments, and medical and dental services or procedures, not including emergency response vehicles.
(5) "Mobile home" means a factory-built dwelling built before June 15, 1976, to standards other than the national manufactured housing construction and safety standards act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 5401 et seq.), and acceptable under applicable state codes in effect at the time of construction or introduction of the home into this state.
(6) "Park trailer" means a park trailer as defined in the American national standards institute A119.5 standard for park trailers.
(7) "Recreational vehicle" means a vehicular-type unit primarily designed for recreational camping or travel use that has its own motive power or is mounted on or towed by another vehicle. The units include travel trailers, fifth-wheel trailers, folding camping trailers, truck campers, and motor homes.
[2002 c 268 § 9; 2001 c 335 § 1; 1999 c 22 § 1; 1995 c 280 § 1.]
| Purpose -- Finding -- Effective dates -- 2002 c 268: See notes following RCW 43.22.434.|
Application -- 2001 c 335: "This act applies to manufactured homes without regard to the date such homes may have been altered." [2001 c 335 § 10.]