Powers and duties.
The director of labor and industries shall have the power, and it shall be the director's duty:
(1) To study and keep in touch with problems of industrial relations and, from time to time, make public reports and recommendations to the legislature;
(2) To, with the assistance of the industrial statistician, exercise all the powers and perform all the duties in relation to collecting, assorting, and systematizing statistical details relating to labor within the state and systematizing such statistical information to, as far as possible, conform to the plans and reports of the United States department of labor;
(3) To, with the assistance of the industrial statistician, make such special investigations and collect such special statistical information as may be needed for use by the department or division of the state government having need of industrial statistics;
(4) To, with the assistance of the supervisor of employment standards, supervise the administration and enforcement of all laws respecting the employment and relating to the health, sanitary conditions, surroundings, hours of labor, and wages of employees employed in business and industry in accordance with the provisions of chapter 49.12 RCW;
(5) To exercise all the powers and perform all the duties, not specifically assigned to the department of labor and industries, now vested in, and required to be performed by, the commissioner of labor;
(6) To exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be provided by law.
[1994 c 164 § 11; 1977 c 75 § 48; 1975 1st ex.s. c 296 § 32; 1973 2nd ex.s. c 16 § 12; 1973 1st ex.s. c 154 § 83; 1965 c 8 § 43.22.270. Prior: 1921 c 7 § 81; RRS 10839.]
| Effective date -- 1975 1st ex.s. c 296: See RCW 41.58.901.|
Severability -- 1973 2nd ex.s. c 16: See RCW 49.12.900.
Severability -- 1973 1st ex.s. c 154: See note following RCW 2.12.030.
Apprenticeships: Chapter 49.04 RCW.
Arbitration of disputes: Chapter 49.08 RCW.
Public employees' collective bargaining, arbitration of disputes: RCW 41.56.100.
Public employment labor relations: Chapter 41.58 RCW.
Wage collection for aggrieved employees: RCW 49.48.040.