Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Affordable housing" means residential housing for rental occupancy which, as long as the same is occupied by low-income households, requires payment of monthly housing costs, including utilities other than telephone, of no more than thirty percent of the family's income. The department must adopt policies for residential homeownership housing, occupied by low-income households, which specify the percentage of family income that may be spent on monthly housing costs, including utilities other than telephone, to qualify as affordable housing.
(2) "Contracted amount" has the same meaning as provided in RCW 43.185.020.
(3) "Department" means the department of commerce.
(4) "Director" means the director of the department of commerce.
(5) "First-time home buyer" means an individual or his or her spouse or domestic partner who have not owned a home during the three-year period prior to purchase of a home.
(6) "Low-income household" means a single person, family or unrelated persons living together whose adjusted income is less than eighty percent of the median family income, adjusted for household size, for the county where the project is located.
[2013 c 145 § 4; 2009 c 565 § 38; 2008 c 6 § 301; 2000 c 255 § 9; 1995 c 399 § 102; 1991 c 356 § 10.]