*** CHANGE IN 2013 *** (SEE 1203.SL) ***
The following personal information is exempt from public inspection and copying under this chapter:
(1) Personal information in any files maintained for students in public schools, patients or clients of public institutions or public health agencies, or welfare recipients;
(2) Personal information, including but not limited to, addresses, telephone numbers, personal electronic mail addresses, social security numbers, emergency contact and date of birth information for a participant in a public or nonprofit program serving or pertaining to children, adolescents, or students, including but not limited to early learning or child care services, parks and recreation programs, youth development programs, and after-school programs. Emergency contact information may be provided to appropriate authorities and medical personnel for the purpose of treating the individual during an emergency situation;
(3) Personal information in files maintained for employees, appointees, or elected officials of any public agency to the extent that disclosure would violate their right to privacy;
(4) Information required of any taxpayer in connection with the assessment or collection of any tax if the disclosure of the information to other persons would: (a) Be prohibited to such persons by RCW 84.08.210, 82.32.330, 84.40.020, 84.40.340, or any ordinance authorized under RCW 35.102.145; or (b) violate the taxpayer's right to privacy or result in unfair competitive disadvantage to the taxpayer;
(5) Credit card numbers, debit card numbers, electronic check numbers, card expiration dates, or bank or other financial account numbers, except when disclosure is expressly required by or governed by other law;
(6) Personal and financial information related to a small loan or any system of authorizing a small loan in RCW 31.45.093; and
(7)(a) Documents and related materials and scanned images of documents and related materials used to prove identity, age, residential address, social security number, or other personal information required to apply for a driver's license or identicard.
(b) Information provided under RCW 46.20.111 that indicates that an applicant declined to register with the selective service system.
[2011 c 350 § 2; 2011 c 173 § 1; 2010 c 106 § 102; 2009 c 510 § 8; 2008 c 200 § 5; 2005 c 274 § 403.]
| Reviser's note: This section was amended by 2011 c 173 § 1 and by 2011 c 350 § 2, each without reference to the other. Both amendments are incorporated in the publication of this section under RCW 1.12.025(2). For rule of construction, see RCW 1.12.025(1).|
Effective date -- 2011 c 350: See note following RCW 46.20.111.
Effective date -- 2010 c 106: See note following RCW 35.102.145.
Effective date -- 2009 c 510: See RCW 31.45.901.
Finding -- Intent -- Liberal construction -- 2009 c 510: See note following RCW 31.45.010.