(1) The executive ethics board is created, composed of five members, appointed by the governor as follows:
(a) One member shall be a classified service employee as defined in chapter 41.06
(b) One member shall be a state officer or state employee in an exempt position;
(c) One member shall be a citizen selected from a list of three names submitted by the attorney general;
(d) One member shall be a citizen selected from a list of three names submitted by the state auditor; and
(e) One member shall be a citizen selected at large by the governor.
(2) Except for initial members and members completing partial terms, members shall serve a single five-year term.
(3) No more than three members may be identified with the same political party.
(4) Terms of initial board members shall be staggered as follows: One member shall be appointed to a one-year term; one member shall be appointed to a two-year term; one member shall be appointed to a three-year term; one member shall be appointed to a four-year term; and one member shall be appointed to a five-year term.
(5) A vacancy on the board shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment.
(6) Each member shall serve for the term of his or her appointment and until his or her successor is appointed.
(7) The members shall annually select a chair from among themselves.
(8) Staff shall be provided by the office of the attorney general.
[1994 c 154 § 205.]