(1) Revenue collected under this section is not subject to division under RCW 36.18.025
(2)(a) For the filing of a petition for modification of a decree of dissolution or paternity, within the same case as the original action, and any party filing a counterclaim, cross-claim, or third-party claim in any such action, a fee of thirty-six dollars must be paid.
(b) The party filing the first or initial petition for dissolution, legal separation, or declaration concerning the validity of marriage shall pay, at the time and in addition to the filing fee required under RCW 36.18.020
, a fee of thirty dollars. The clerk of the superior court shall transmit monthly twenty-four dollars of the thirty dollar fee collected under this subsection to the state treasury for deposit in the domestic violence prevention account. The remaining six dollars shall be retained by the county for the purpose of supporting community-based services within the county for victims of domestic violence, except for five percent of the six dollars, which may be retained by the court for administrative purposes.
(3)(a) The party making a demand for a jury of six in a civil action shall pay, at the time, a fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars; if the demand is for a jury of twelve, a fee of two hundred fifty dollars. If, after the party demands a jury of six and pays the required fee, any other party to the action requests a jury of twelve, an additional one hundred twenty-five dollar fee will be required of the party demanding the increased number of jurors.
(b) Upon conviction in criminal cases a jury demand charge of one hundred twenty-five dollars for a jury of six, or two hundred fifty dollars for a jury of twelve may be imposed as costs under RCW 10.46.190
(4) For preparing a certified copy of an instrument on file or of record in the clerk's office, for the first page or portion of the first page, a fee of five dollars, and for each additional page or portion of a page, a fee of one dollar must be charged. For authenticating or exemplifying an instrument, a fee of two dollars for each additional seal affixed must be charged. For preparing a copy of an instrument on file or of record in the clerk's office without a seal, a fee of fifty cents per page must be charged. When copying a document without a seal or file that is in an electronic format, a fee of twenty-five cents per page must be charged. For copies made on a compact disc, an additional fee of twenty dollars for each compact disc must be charged.
(5) For executing a certificate, with or without a seal, a fee of two dollars must be charged.
(6) For a garnishee defendant named in an affidavit for garnishment and for a writ of attachment, a fee of twenty dollars must be charged.
(7) For filing a supplemental proceeding, a fee of twenty dollars must be charged.
(8) For approving a bond, including justification on the bond, in other than civil actions and probate proceedings, a fee of two dollars must be charged.
(9) For the issuance of a certificate of qualification and a certified copy of letters of administration, letters testamentary, or letters of guardianship, there must be a fee of five dollars.
(10) For the preparation of a passport application, the clerk may collect an execution fee as authorized by the federal government.
(11) For clerk's services such as performing historical searches, compiling statistical reports, and conducting exceptional record searches, the clerk may collect a fee not to exceed thirty dollars per hour.
(12) For processing ex parte orders, the clerk may collect a fee of thirty dollars.
(13) For duplicated recordings of court's proceedings there must be a fee of ten dollars for each audio tape and twenty-five dollars for each video tape or other electronic storage medium.
(14) For registration of land titles, Torrens Act, under RCW 65.12.780
, a fee of twenty dollars must be charged.
(15) For the issuance of extension of judgment under RCW 6.17.020
and chapter 9.94A
RCW, a fee of two hundred dollars must be charged. When the extension of judgment is at the request of the clerk, the two hundred dollar charge may be imposed as court costs under RCW 10.46.190
(16) A facilitator surcharge of up to twenty dollars must be charged as authorized under RCW 26.12.240
(17) For filing a water rights statement under RCW 90.03.180
, a fee of twenty-five dollars must be charged.
(18) For filing a claim of frivolous lien under RCW 60.04.081
, a fee of thirty-five dollars must be charged.
(19) For preparation of a change of venue, a fee of twenty dollars must be charged by the originating court in addition to the per page charges in subsection (4) of this section.
(20) A service fee of five dollars for the first page and one dollar for each additional page must be charged for receiving faxed documents, pursuant to Washington state rules of court, general rule 17.
(21) For preparation of clerk's papers under RAP 9.7, a fee of fifty cents per page must be charged.
(22) For copies and reports produced at the local level as permitted by RCW 2.68.020
and supreme court policy, a variable fee must be charged.
(23) Investment service charge and earnings under RCW 36.48.090
must be charged.
(24) Costs for nonstatutory services rendered by clerk by authority of local ordinance or policy must be charged.
(25) For filing a request for mandatory arbitration, a filing fee may be assessed against the party filing a statement of arbitrability not to exceed two hundred twenty dollars as established by authority of local ordinance. This charge shall be used solely to offset the cost of the mandatory arbitration program.
(26) For filing a request for trial de novo of an arbitration award, a fee not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars as established by authority of local ordinance must be charged.
(27) A public agency may not charge a fee to a law enforcement agency, for preparation, copying, or mailing of certified copies of the judgment and sentence, information, affidavit of probable cause, and/or the notice of requirement to register, of a sex offender convicted in a Washington court, when such records are necessary for risk assessment, preparation of a case for failure to register, or maintenance of a sex offender's registration file.
(28) For the filing of a will or codicil under the provisions of chapter 11.12
RCW, a fee of twenty dollars must be charged.
(29) For the collection of unpaid legal financial obligations, the clerk may impose an annual fee of up to one hundred dollars, pursuant to RCW 9.94A.780
(30) A surcharge of up to twenty dollars may be charged in dissolution and legal separation actions as authorized by RCW 26.12.260
The revenue to counties from the fees established in this section shall be deemed to be complete reimbursement from the state for the state's share of benefits paid to the superior court judges of the state prior to July 24, 2005, and no claim shall lie against the state for such benefits. [2009 c 417 § 2; 2007 c 496 § 204; 2006 c 192 § 2. Prior: 2005 c 457 § 18; 2005 c 374 § 2; 2005 c 202 § 1; 2002 c 338 § 2; 2001 c 146 § 2; 2000 c 170 § 1; 1999 c 397 § 8; 1996 c 56 § 5; 1995 c 292 § 14.
[2009 c 417 § 2; 2007 c 496 § 204; 2006 c 192 § 2. Prior: 2005 c 457 § 18; 2005 c 374 § 2; 2005 c 202 § 1; 2002 c 338 § 2; 2001 c 146 § 2; 2000 c 170 § 1; 1999 c 397 § 8; 1996 c 56 § 5; 1995 c 292 § 14.]
Effective dates—2007 c 496 §§ 201, 202, 204, and 501:
See note following RCW 26.12.260
Part headings not law—2007 c 496:
See note following RCW 26.09.002
Intent—2005 c 457:
See note following RCW 43.08.250