The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Design" includes architectural, engineering, and other related professional services.
(2) "Develop" means, generally, the process of planning, designing, financing, constructing, owning, operating, and leasing a project such as a stadium and exhibition center.
(3) "Permanent seat license" means a transferable license sold to a third party that, subject to certain conditions, restrictions, and limitations, entitles the third party to purchase a season ticket to professional football games of the professional football team played in the stadium and exhibition center for so long as the team plays its games in that facility.
(4) "Preconstruction" includes negotiations, including negotiations with any team affiliate, planning, studies, design, and other activities reasonably necessary before constructing a stadium and exhibition center.
(5) "Professional football team" means a team that is a member of the national football league or similar professional football association.
(6) "Public stadium authority operation" means the formation and ongoing operation of the public stadium authority, including the hiring of employees, agents, attorneys, and other contractors, and the acquisition and operation of office facilities.
(7) "Site acquisition" means the purchase or other acquisition of any interest in real property including fee simple interests and easements, which property interests constitute the site for a stadium and exhibition center.
(8) "Site preparation" includes demolition of existing improvements, environmental remediation, site excavation, shoring, and construction and maintenance of temporary traffic and pedestrian routing.
(9) "Stadium and exhibition center" means an open-air stadium suitable for national football league football and for Olympic and world cup soccer, with adjacent exhibition facilities, together with associated parking facilities and other ancillary facilities.
(10) "Team affiliate" means a professional football team that will use the stadium and exhibition center, and any affiliate of the team designated by the team. An "affiliate of the team" means any person or entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the team.
[1997 c 220 § 101 (Referendum Bill No. 48, approved June 17, 1997).]