For the purposes of this title:
(1) "State universities" means the University of Washington and Washington State University.
(2) "Regional universities" means Western Washington University at Bellingham, Central Washington University at Ellensburg, and Eastern Washington University at Cheney.
(3) "State college" means The Evergreen State College in Thurston county.
(4) "Institutions of higher education" or "postsecondary institutions" means the state universities, the regional universities, The Evergreen State College, the community colleges, and the technical colleges.
(5) "Governing board" means the board of regents or the board of trustees of the institutions of higher education.
[1992 c 231 § 1; 1991 c 238 § 113; 1977 ex.s. c 169 § 1.]
Effective date—1992 c 231: "This act shall take effect July 1, 1992." [1992 c 231 § 35.]
Tenure or terms, rights, including property rights, not affected—1977 ex.s. c 169: "Nothing in this 1977 amendatory act shall affect the tenure of or the terms of any officials, administrative assistants, faculty members, or other employees of any institution of higher education within this state, whether such institutions have hereinabove in this 1977 amendatory act been redesignated as regional universities or otherwise. Nothing in this 1977 amendatory act shall affect any rights, whether to property or otherwise, existing on or after the effective date of this 1977 amendatory act, the intent of the legislature being solely to redesignate as regional universities certain institutions of higher education within this state." [1977 ex.s. c 169 § 113.]
Statute and RCW designations affected—1977 ex.s. c 169: "It is the intent of the legislature that after the effective date of this 1977 amendatory act, where the names "Western Washington State College", "Central Washington State College", or "Eastern Washington State College" are used in any bill enacted by the legislature or found within the Revised Code of Washington, they shall mean "Western Washington University", "Central Washington University", and "Eastern Washington University", respectively." [1977 ex.s. c 169 § 114.]
Severability—1977 ex.s. c 169: "If any provision of this 1977 amendatory act, or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act, or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [1977 ex.s. c 169 § 116.]