To enter into a state registered domestic partnership the two persons involved must meet the following requirements:
(1) Both persons share a common residence;
(2) Both persons are at least eighteen years of age and at least one of the persons is sixty-two years of age or older;
(3) Neither person is married to someone other than the party to the domestic partnership and neither person is in a state registered domestic partnership with another person;
(4) Both persons are capable of consenting to the domestic partnership; and
(5) Both of the following are true:
(a) The persons are not nearer of kin to each other than second cousins, whether of the whole or half blood computing by the rules of the civil law; and
(b) Neither person is a sibling, child, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew to the other person.
[2012 c 3 § 9 (Referendum Measure No. 74, approved November 6, 2012); 2007 c 156 § 4.
Effective date—2012 c 3 §§ 8 and 9:
See note following RCW 26.60.010
Notice—2012 c 3:
See note following RCW 26.04.010