As used in this chapter:
(1) "Owner" means a person who owns the sounds fixed in a master phonograph record, master disc, master tape, master film, or other recording on which sound is or can be recorded and from which the transferred recorded sounds are directly or indirectly derived.
(2) "Fixed" means embodied in a recording or other tangible medium of expression, by or under the authority of the author, so that the matter embodied is sufficiently permanent or stable to permit it to be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated for a period of more than transitory duration.
(3) "Live performance" means a recitation, rendering, or playing of a series of images; musical, spoken or other sounds; or combination of images and sounds.
(4) "Recording" means a tangible medium on which sounds, images, or both are recorded or otherwise stored, including an original phonograph record, disc, tape, audio or video cassette, wire, film, or other medium now existing or developed later on which sounds, images, or both are or can be recorded or otherwise stored or a copy or reproduction that duplicates in whole or in part the original.
(5) "Manufacturer" means the entity authorizing the duplication of the recording in question, but shall not include the manufacturer of the cartridge or casing itself.
[1991 c 38 § 1; 1974 ex.s. c 100 § 1.]