Limitations of chapter.
Nothing in this chapter may prohibit, restrict, or require licensure of:
(1) Any person licensed, certified, or registered in this state and performing services within the authorized scope of practice;
(2) The practice by an individual employed by the government of the United States as an athletic trainer while engaged in the performance of duties prescribed by the laws of the United States;
(3) Any person pursuing a supervised course of study in an accredited athletic training educational program, if the person is designated by a title that clearly indicates a student or trainee status;
(4) An athletic trainer from another state for purposes of continuing education, consulting, or performing athletic training services while accompanying his or her group, individual, or representatives into Washington state on a temporary basis for no more than ninety days in a calendar year;
(5) Any elementary, secondary, or postsecondary school teacher, educator, coach, or authorized volunteer who does not represent themselves to the public as an athletic trainer; or
(6) A personal trainer employed by an athletic club or fitness center.
[2007 c 253 § 6.]