The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.
(1) "Board" means the board of registration for professional engineers and land surveyors as defined in chapter 18.43 RCW.
(2) "Certificate of competency" or "certificate" means a certificate issued to employees of local health jurisdictions indicating that the certificate holder has passed the licensing examination required under this chapter.
(3) "Designer" or "licensee" means an individual authorized under this chapter to perform design services for on-site wastewater treatment systems.
(4) "Director" means the director of the Washington state department of licensing.
(5) "Engineer" means a professional engineer licensed under chapter 18.43 RCW.
(6) "License" means a license to design on-site wastewater treatment systems under this chapter.
(7) "Local health jurisdiction" or "jurisdictional health department" means an administrative agency created under chapter 70.05, 70.08, or 70.46 RCW, that administers the regulation and codes regarding on-site wastewater treatment systems.
(8) "On-site wastewater design" means the development of plans, details, specifications, instructions, or inspections by application of specialized knowledge in analysis of soils, on-site wastewater treatment systems, disposal methods, and technologies to create an integrated system of collection, transport, distribution, treatment, and disposal of on-site wastewater.
(9) "On-site wastewater treatment system" means an integrated system of components that: Convey, store, treat, and/or provide subsurface soil treatment and disposal of wastewater effluent on the property where it originates or on adjacent or other property and includes piping, treatment devices, other accessories, and soil underlying the disposal component of the initial and reserve areas, for on-site wastewater treatment under three thousand five hundred gallons per day when not connected to a public sewer system.
(10) "Practice of engineering" has the meaning set forth in RCW 18.43.020(5).
[2011 c 256 § 1. Prior: 2010 1st sp.s. c 7 § 76; 1999 c 263 § 2.]
| Effective date -- 2010 1st sp.s. c 26; 2010 1st sp.s. c 7: See note following RCW 43.03.027.|