Landscape applications — Marking of property, posting requirements.
(1) A certified applicator making a landscape application to:
(a) Residential property shall at the time of the application place a marker at the usual point of entry to the property. If the application is made to an isolated spot that is not a substantial portion of the property, the applicator shall only be required to place a marker at the application site. If the application is in a fenced or otherwise isolated backyard, no marker is required.
(b) Commercial properties such as apartments or shopping centers shall at the time of application place a marker in a conspicuous location at or near each site being treated.
(c) A golf course shall at the time of the application place a marker at the first tee and tenth tee or post the information in a conspicuous location such as on a central message board.
(d) A school, nursery school, or licensed day care shall at the time of the application place a marker at each primary point of entry to the school grounds. A school employee making an application to a school facility shall comply with the posting requirements in RCW 17.21.415.
(e) A park, cemetery, rest stop, or similar property as may be defined in rule shall at the time of the application place a marker at each primary point of entry.
(2) An individual making a landscape application to a school grounds, nursery school, or licensed day care, and not otherwise covered by subsection (1) of this section, shall at the time of the application place a marker at each primary point of entry to the school grounds.
(3) The marker shall be a minimum of four inches by five inches. It shall have the words: "THIS LANDSCAPE HAS BEEN TREATED BY" as the headline and "FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL" as the footer. Larger size requirements for markers may be established in rule for specific applications. The company name and service mark shall be included between the headline and the footer on a marker placed by a commercial applicator. The applicator's telephone number where information can be obtained about the application shall be included in the footer of the marker. Markers shall be printed in colors contrasting to the background.
(4) The property owner or tenant shall remove the marker according to the schedule established in rule. A certified applicator or individual who complies with this section is not liable for the removal of markers by unauthorized persons or removal outside the designated removal time.
(5) A certified applicator or individual who complies with this section cannot be held liable for personal property damage or bodily injury resulting from markers that are placed as required.
[2001 c 333 § 2; 1994 c 283 § 33; 1992 c 176 § 5.]
| Effective date -- 2001 c 333: See note following RCW 17.21.020.|