The following words or phrases as used in this chapter shall have the following meanings unless the context indicates otherwise:
(1) "Pet animals" means dogs (Canidae), cats (Felidae), monkeys and other similar primates, turtles, psittacine birds, skunks, or any other species of wild or domestic animals sold or retained for the purpose of being kept as a household pet.
(2) "Secretary" means the secretary of the department of health or his or her designee.
(3) "Department" means the department of health.
(4) "Board" means the Washington state board of health.
(5) "Person" means an individual, group of individuals, partnership, corporation, firm, or association.
(6) "Quarantine" means the placing and restraining of any pet animal or animals by direction of the secretary, either within a certain described and designated enclosure or area within this state, or the restraining of any such pet animal or animals from entering this state.
[1991 c 3 § 3; 1971 c 72 § 2.]