(1) The standard range disposition for a juvenile adjudicated of an offense is determined according to RCW 13.40.0357
(a) When the court sentences an offender to a local sanction as provided in RCW 13.40.0357
option A, the court shall impose a determinate disposition within the standard ranges, except as provided in subsection (2), (3), (4), (5), or (6) of this section. The disposition may be comprised of one or more local sanctions.
(b) When the court sentences an offender to a standard range as provided in RCW 13.40.0357
option A that includes a term of confinement exceeding thirty days, commitment shall be to the department for the standard range of confinement, except as provided in subsection (2), (3), (4), (5), or (6) of this section.
(2) If the court concludes, and enters reasons for its conclusion, that disposition within the standard range would effectuate a manifest injustice the court shall impose a disposition outside the standard range, as indicated in option D of RCW 13.40.0357
. The court's finding of manifest injustice shall be supported by clear and convincing evidence.
A disposition outside the standard range shall be determinate and shall be comprised of confinement or community supervision, or a combination thereof. When a judge finds a manifest injustice and imposes a sentence of confinement exceeding thirty days, the court shall sentence the juvenile to a maximum term, and the provisions of RCW 13.40.030
(2) shall be used to determine the range. A disposition outside the standard range is appealable under RCW 13.40.230
by the state or the respondent. A disposition within the standard range is not appealable under RCW 13.40.230
(3) If a juvenile offender is found to have committed a sex offense, other than a sex offense that is also a serious violent offense as defined by RCW 9.94A.030
, and has no history of a prior sex offense, the court may impose the special sex offender disposition alternative under RCW 13.40.162
(4) If the juvenile offender is subject to a standard range disposition of local sanctions or 15 to 36 weeks of confinement and has not committed an A- or B+ offense, the court may impose the disposition alternative under RCW 13.40.165
(5) If a juvenile is subject to a commitment of 15 to 65 weeks of confinement, the court may impose the disposition alternative under RCW 13.40.167
(6) When the offender is subject to a standard range commitment of 15 to 36 weeks and is ineligible for a suspended disposition alternative, a manifest injustice disposition below the standard range, special sex offender disposition alternative, chemical dependency disposition alternative, or mental health disposition alternative, the court in a county with a pilot program under *RCW 13.40.169
may impose the disposition alternative under *RCW 13.40.169
(7) RCW 13.40.193
shall govern the disposition of any juvenile adjudicated of possessing a firearm in violation of **RCW 9.41.040
(2)(a)(iii) or any crime in which a special finding is entered that the juvenile was armed with a firearm.
(8) RCW 13.40.308
shall govern the disposition of any juvenile adjudicated of theft of a motor vehicle as defined under RCW 9A.56.065
, possession of a stolen motor vehicle as defined under RCW 9A.56.068
, taking a motor vehicle without permission in the first degree under RCW 9A.56.070
, and taking a motor vehicle without permission in the second degree under RCW 9A.56.075
(9) Whenever a juvenile offender is entitled to credit for time spent in detention prior to a dispositional order, the dispositional order shall specifically state the number of days of credit for time served.
(10) Except as provided under subsection (3), (4), (5), or (6) of this section, or option B of RCW 13.40.0357
, or RCW 13.40.127
, the court shall not suspend or defer the imposition or the execution of the disposition.
(11) In no case shall the term of confinement imposed by the court at disposition exceed that to which an adult could be subjected for the same offense.
*(1) RCW 13.40.169
expired July 1, 2005.
**(2) RCW 9.41.040
was amended by 2014 c 111 § 1, changing subsection (2)(a)(iii) to subsection (2)(a)(iv).
Findings—Intent—Short title—2007 c 199:
See notes following RCW 9A.56.065
Effective date—2004 c 120:
See note following RCW 13.40.010
Effective date—2004 c 38:
See note following RCW 18.155.075
Intent—Effective date—2003 c 53:
See notes following RCW 2.48.180
Effective date—2002 c 175:
See note following RCW 7.80.130
Finding—Evaluation—Report—1997 c 338:
See note following RCW 13.40.0357
Severability—Effective dates—1997 c 338:
See notes following RCW 5.60.060
Severability—1997 c 265:
"If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [ 1997 c 265 § 9.
Finding—Intent—Severability—1994 sp.s. c 7:
See notes following RCW 43.70.540
Severability—Application—1992 c 45:
See notes following RCW 9.94A.840
Index, part headings not law—Severability—Effective dates—Application—1990 c 3:
See RCW 18.155.900
Effective date—Severability—1979 c 155:
See notes following RCW 13.04.011
Effective dates—Severability—1977 ex.s. c 291:
See notes following RCW 13.04.005