To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
In addition to other rights established by law, each student served by or on behalf of a common school district shall possess the following substantive rights, and no school district shall limit these rights except for good and sufficient cause:
(1) No student shall be unlawfully denied an equal educational opportunity or be unlawfully discriminated against because of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal.
(2) All students possess the constitutional right to freedom of speech and press, the constitutional right to peaceably assemble and to petition the government and its representatives for a redress of grievances, the constitutional right to the free exercise of religion and to have their schools free from sectarian control or influence, subject to reasonable limitations upon the time, place, and manner of exercising such right.
(3) All students possess the constitutional right to be secure in their persons, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures.
(4) All students shall have the right to be free from unlawful interference in their pursuit of an education while in the custody of a common school district.
(5) No student shall be deprived of the right to an equal educational opportunity, in whole or in part, by a school district without due process of law.
The foregoing enumeration of rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage other rights set forth in the constitution and the laws of the state of Washington or the rights retained by the people.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.600.015
. WSR 14-15-153, § 392-400-215, filed 7/23/14, effective 8/23/14. Statutory Authority: 2006 c 263. WSR 06-14-009, recodified as § 392-400-215, filed 6/22/06, effective 6/22/06. Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.04.132
. WSR 85-04-009 (Order 3-85), § 180-40-215, filed 1/25/85; Order 6-77, § 180-40-215, filed 6/2/77, effective 8/1/77.]