The public policy goals of the magnet school projects are to:
(1) Reduce, eliminate, continue to assist in preventing racial imbalance or prevent minority group isolation within the period of the grant award or allocation period either in the magnet school or in a feeder school, as appropriate;
(2) Preclude increases in the minority enrollment, at the magnet school or at any feeder school, above the district-wide percentage of minority students at the grade levels corresponding to those served by that magnet school;
(3) Foster interaction among students of different social, economic, ethnic and racial backgrounds in classroom activities, extracurricular activities, or other activities in the magnet schools;
(4) Address the educational needs of the students who will be enrolled in the magnet schools;
(5) Encourage greater parental teacher and community involvement and decision making;
(6) Evaluate the effectiveness of the magnet school pilot project and whether funding should be continued, expanded or discontinued.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290 and 28A.150.370. 94-12-019 (Order 94-06), § 392-330-040, filed 5/23/94, effective 6/23/94.]