(1) Anyone may file a complaint with a school district alleging that the district has violated this chapter. The complaint must be:
(b) Signed by the complainant; and
(c) Set forth specific acts, conditions, or circumstances alleged to violate this chapter or the specific acts, conditions, or circumstances that would be prohibited by this chapter. Upon receipt of the complaint, the employee or employees designated pursuant to WAC 392-190-060
must investigate the allegations and effect a prompt resolution of the complaint.
(2) Following the completion of the investigation, the designated employee or employees must provide the district superintendent with a full written report of the complaint and the results of the investigation. The district superintendent must respond in writing to the complaining party as expeditiously as possible but in no event later than thirty calendar days following receipt of such complaint by the school district, unless otherwise agreed to by the complainant.
(3) The response of the school district superintendent required by this section must include notice of the complainant's right to appeal to the school board, as set forth in WAC 392-190-070
, and must identify where and to whom the appeal must be filed. The superintendent's response must also clearly state either:
(a) That the school district denies the allegations contained in the complaint received; or
(b) The reasonable corrective measures deemed necessary to eliminate any such act, condition, or circumstance within the school district. Any such corrective measures deemed necessary must be instituted as expeditiously as possible but in no event later than thirty calendar days following the school district superintendent's mailing of a written response to the complainant required by this section, unless otherwise agreed to by the complainant.
(4) The complaint procedure required by this section must not prohibit the processing of grievances by an employee bargaining representative and/or a member of a bargaining unit pursuant to grievance procedures established at the school district level by local bargaining agreement.
(5) The school district and complainant may agree to resolve the complaint in lieu of an investigation.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.642.020
and 28A.640.020. WSR 11-09-024, § 392-190-065, filed 4/13/11, effective 5/14/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.220
[(1)](a). WSR 89-23-001 (Order 15), § 392-190-065, filed 11/2/89, effective 12/3/89; Order 6-76, § 392-190-065, filed 5/17/76.]