Determination for eligibility for full-day kindergarten programs is based on an individual school's poverty percentage from the prior school year.
(1) By June 1st each year the superintendent of public instruction shall develop and publish an eligibility list for FDK for the subsequent school year, pursuant to the legislative limitation parameters in the annual budget bill to include the specified percentage of kindergarten students to be served; which shall be further limited to the estimated annual funding for the full-day kindergarten program, as provided for in the state Operating Appropriations Act.
(2) Poverty percentage is determined as the higher of the following items as reported for October of the previous year:
(a) FRPL reported to child nutritional services at the superintendent of public instruction; or
(b) FRPL reported in the core student records system; or
(c) The percentage of students who qualify as a low-income student based on information provided by the school district that satisfies the requirements established in WAC 392-100-101
(2) for those school districts that do not participate in the National School Lunch Program.
(3) Funding amounts per school shall be calculated in accordance with the state Operating Appropriations Act and WAC 392-121-400
(4) School districts shall receive funding for eligible schools as follows:
(a) For September through December the additional FDK funding amount shall be calculated based upon one-half of the projected FDK enrollment submitted in the annual approved application.
(b) Commencing with the January payment funding shall be based upon the year-to-date (YTD) average FDK enrollment reported by the district less one-half of the YTD average FDK reported headcount.
(c) The remaining one-half of the YTD average FDK reported headcount will be paid under guaranteed entitlement funding on the Report 1191.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 28A.150.290. 09-11-018, § 392-122-423, filed 5/8/09, effective 6/8/09.]