(1) When an administrator decides to provide training opportunities for persons seeking to become a chemical dependency professional (CDP), the administrator must assign an approved supervisor, as defined in WAC 388-805-005
, to each chemical dependency professional trainee (CDPT), or other licensed or registered counselor.
(2) Approved supervisors must provide the CDPT or other licensed or registered counselor assigned to them with documentation substantiating their qualifications as an approved supervisor before the initiation of training.
(3) Approved supervisors must decrease the hours of patient contact allowed under WAC 388-805-145
(6) by twenty percent for each full-time CDPT or other licensed or registered counselor supervised.
(4) Approved supervisors are responsible for all patients assigned to the CDPT or other licensed or registered counselor under their supervision.
(5) An approved supervisor must provide supervision to a CDPT or other licensed or registered counselor as required by WAC 246-811-048
(6) CDPs must review and coauthenticate all clinical documentation of CDPTs or other licensed or registered counselors.
(7) Approved supervisors must supervise, assess and document the progress the CDP trainees or other licensed or registered counselors under their supervision are making toward meeting the requirements described in WAC 246-811-030
. This documentation must be provided to CDP trainees or other licensed or registered counselors upon request.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.96A.090, chapter 70.96A RCW, 2001 c 242, 42 C.F.R. Part 8. 03-20-020, § 388-805-210, filed 9/23/03, effective 10/25/03. Statutory Authority: RCW 70.96A.090 and chapter 70.96A RCW. 00-23-107, § 388-805-210, filed 11/21/00, effective 1/1/01.]