The administrator must have and adhere to a personnel manual, which contains policies and procedures describing how the agency:
(1) Meets the personnel requirements of WAC 388-805-210
(2) Conducts criminal background checks on its employees in order to comply with the rules specified in RCW 43.43.830
(3) Provides for a drug free work place which includes:
(a) A philosophy of nontolerance of illegal drug-related activity;
(b) Agency standards of prohibited conduct; and
(c) Actions to be taken in the event a staff member misuses alcohol or other drugs.
(4) If a nonresidential provider, provides for prevention and control of communicable disease, including specific training and procedures on:
(a) Bloodborne pathogens, including HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis B;
(b) Tuberculosis; and
(c) Other communicable diseases.
(5) Provides staff orientation prior to assigning unsupervised duties, including orientation to:
(a) The administrative, personnel and clinical manuals;
(b) Staff ethical standards and conduct, including reporting of unprofessional conduct to appropriate authorities;
(c) Staff and patient grievance procedures; and
(d) The facility evacuation plan.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 70.96A.090 and chapter 70.96A RCW. 00-23-107, § 388-805-200, filed 11/21/00, effective 1/1/01.]