What are the physical environment safety requirements for the residential facilities?
The school must ensure that the residential facilities comply with the applicable state fire marshal and department of health regulations, including the following:
(1) The grounds, office, living areas, kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, shops, recreational areas, and laundry areas are clean and free of hazardous conditions.
(2) Furnishings are clean, comfortable, durable, and safe.
(3) Cleaning products and toxic chemicals are securely stored.
(4) Medications are securely stored.
(5) First-aid supplies are readily available.
(6) Emergency lighting devises are available.
(7) Kitchen and bathrooms are ventilated.
(8) The facilities regularly conduct and document fire drills.
(9) Smoke detectors are regularly inspected and the results of the inspections are documented.
(10) Procedures for evacuation and other emergencies are posted, reviewed, and tested at regular intervals.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
. WSR 03-04-013, § 388-180-0230, filed 1/24/03, effective 3/1/03.]