A hearing under this section is for the limited purpose of determining if the nonregistering party can prove one or more of the defenses listed in RCW 26.21A.530
(1) If the contesting party presents evidence establishing a full or partial defense under RCW 26.21A.530
(1), the presiding officer may:
(a) Stay enforcement of the registered order;
(b) Continue the proceeding to allow the parties to gather additional relevant evidence; or
(c) Issue other appropriate orders.
(2) DCS may enforce an uncontested portion of the registered order by all remedies available under the law of this state.
(3) If the contesting party does not establish a defense under RCW 26.21A.530
(1) to the validity or enforcement of the order, the presiding officer must issue an order confirming the registered order.
(4) The custodial parent (CP) or payee of the order may participate as a party to any hearing under this section.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 34.05.220(2), 43.20A.550,74.04.055 , 74.08.090, 74.20.040, 74.20A.310. 07-08-055, § 388-14A-7125, filed 3/29/07, effective 4/29/07.]