(1) All foster homes and those staffed residential homes licensed for five or fewer children must place a smoke detector in good working condition in each bedroom or in areas close to where children sleep, such as a hallway. If the smoke detector is mounted on the wall, it must be twelve inches from the ceiling and a corner.
(2) If a sleeping or napping room has a ceiling height that is at least twenty-four inches higher than its adjoining hallway, you must install a smoke detector in both the hallway and the sleeping or napping room.
(3) Smoke detectors must be tested twice a year to ensure they are in working order.
(4) Document date and time of test.
(5) If questions arise concerning fire danger, the local fire protection authority must be consulted.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
and chapter 74.15
RCW. WSR 04-08-073, § 388-148-0235, filed 4/5/04, effective 5/6/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030
. WSR 01-18-037, § 388-148-0235, filed 8/28/01, effective 9/28/01.]