Individuals requesting a license or a position as an employee, volunteer, intern, or contractor must have the following specific personal characteristics:
(1) Able to demonstrate an understanding, ability, physical health, emotional stability and personality suited to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and social needs of the children and youth in care.
(2) Must not have been disqualified by the department's background check (chapter 388-06
WAC) prior to having unsupervised access to children.
(3) Have not had a license denied or revoked from an agency that regulates the care of children or vulnerable adults, unless the department determines that the individual does not pose a risk to a child's safety, well being, and long-term stability.
(4) Must not have been found to have committed abuse or neglect of a child or a vulnerable adult, unless the department determines that the individual does not pose a risk to a child's safety, well being, and long-term stability.
(5) The department may require additional information from the applicant, employee, intern, or contractor. This information may be requested at any time and may include, but is not limited to:
(a) Substance and alcohol abuse evaluations and/or documentation of treatment;
(b) Psychiatric and psychological evaluations;
(c) Psycho-sexual evaluations; and
(d) Medical evaluations and/or medical records.
(6) Any evaluation requested under subsection (5) of this section will be at the applicant/licensees expense.
(7) The licensor must be given permission to speak with the evaluator/provider prior to and after the evaluation.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.030 and chapter 74.15 RCW. 05-01-075, § 388-147-0060, filed 12/9/04, effective 1/9/05.]