(1) You must ensure children in your care at an emergency respite center are safe around bodies of water.
(2) On a daily basis, you must empty and clean any portable wading pool that children use.
(3) When they are swimming, wading, or near a body of water, children under twelve must be in continuous visual or auditory range at all times by an adult with current first aid and age appropriate CPR.
(4) You must ensure age and developmentally appropriate supervision of any child that uses hot tubs, swimming pools, spas, and other man-made and natural bodies of water.
(5) You must lock hot tubs and spas when they are not in use.
(6) You must place a fence designed to discourage climbing and have a locking gate around a pool. The pool must be inaccessible to children when not in use.
(7) A certified lifeguard must be on duty when children are using a public or private swimming pool.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 74.15.280, 74.15.020 and 2001 c 230. 03-08-026, § 388-145-0440, filed 3/26/03, effective 4/26/03.]