To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
Positive behavior support plan.
(1) The service provider must develop, train to, and implement a written individualized positive behavior support plan for each client when:
(a) The client takes psychoactive medications to reduce challenging behavior or treat a mental illness currently interfering with the client's ability to have positive life experiences and form and maintain personal relationships; or
(b) Restrictive procedures, including physical restraints, identified in the residential services contract are planned or used.
(2) The service provider must:
(a) Base each client's positive behavior support plan on the functional assessment required in WAC 388-101-3850
(b) Complete and implement the client's positive behavior support plan within ninety days of identifying the client's symptoms and challenging behavior.
(3) The service provider must develop and implement a positive behavior support plan that is consistent with the client's cross system crisis plan, if any.
(4) The service provider must include the following sections in the format of each client's written positive behavior support plan:
(a) Prevention strategies;
(b) Teaching and training supports;
(c) Strategies for responding to challenging behaviors; and
(d) Data collection and monitoring methods.
(5) If data indicates that progress is not occurring after a reasonable time, but not longer than six months, the service provider must:
(a) Evaluate the positive behavior support plan and the data collected;
(b) Conduct a new functional assessment when necessary; and
(c) Develop and implement revisions as needed.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 71A.12
RCW. WSR 08-02-022, § 388-101-3860, filed 12/21/07, effective 2/1/08.]