The inspection of the site includes the building perimeter, land grade, and water drainage directly adjacent to the foundation; trees and vegetation that adversely affect the structure; walks, grade steps, driveways, patios, and retaining walls contiguous with the structure.
(1) The inspector will:
(a) Describe the material used for driveways, walkways, patios and other flatwork around the home.
(i) For serviceability of the driveways, steps, walkways, patios, flatwork and retaining walls contiguous with the structure.
(ii) For proper grading and drainage slope.
(iii) Vegetation in close proximity to the home.
(c) Describe any deficiencies of these systems or components.
(2) The inspector is not required to:
• Inspect fences, privacy walls or retaining walls that are not contiguous with the structure.
• Report the condition of soil, trees, shrubs or vegetation unless they adversely affect the structure.
• Evaluate hydrological or geological conditions.
• Determine the adequacy of bulkheads, seawalls, breakwalls, and docks.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 18.280.050
and 18.280.060(6). WSR 09-08-014, § 308-408C-170, filed 3/20/09, effective 4/20/09.]