To print a page in the WAC, use your browser’s normal print functions (Ctrl-P on a PC, Command-P on a Mac, or File > Print on either). The resulting printed page will show just the content and not the banner at the top, the left-side navigation, or the footer links. To see how the page will look before you print it, use your browser’s Print Preview.
(1) General schedule. The board meets at least four times each fiscal year and at such other times as determined to be necessary. All meetings of the board are "regular" or "special" meetings as those designations are applied in chapter 42.30
RCW. Meetings may be called, subject to the notice requirements of chapter 42.30
RCW, at any time and place by the chair or by a majority of the commissioners.
(2) Notice. Twenty calendar days notice of all meetings shall be given by posting on the commission's web site notification of the date, time and location of the meeting, and by mailing or e-mailing the same to each commissioner and to any person who has made a written request to the commission to receive meeting notices.
(3) Special meetings. The twenty-day notice may be waived for special meetings upon consent of the chair. In such cases, the provisions of RCW 42.30.080
govern due notification of the time, place, and business to be transacted.
(4) Executive session. An executive session may be called by the chair or a majority of the board. Executive sessions shall deal only with matters authorized by chapter 42.30
(5) Meeting formats. Meetings may be convened in-person and/or by conference call, online, or other alternative format as determined by the chair and the executive director, subject to the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Act, chapter 42.30
(6) Rules of order. The board generally follows Roberts Rules of Order, newly revised, in conducting its business meetings.
(7) Quorum. A simple majority of the regularly appointed board members constitute a quorum. If all twenty-three positions are filled, the quorum is twelve.
(8) Voting rights. All officers of the board have the right to vote on all matters before the board, just as any other commissioner.
(9) Meeting materials. Staff makes meeting materials available to the public at the time of the meeting, and following the meeting upon request.
(10) Minutes of the proceedings of all board meetings are kept and published on the commission web site.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.46
RCW. WSR 10-23-102, § 30-08-030, filed 11/16/10, effective 12/17/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.46.040
. WSR 95-15-040, § 30-08-030, filed 7/12/95, effective 8/12/95; WSR 86-08-072 (Order 1, Resolution No. 86-1), § 30-08-030, filed 4/1/86.]