• Make sure the exhaust ventilation system is fully operational by checking the static pressure drop at the exhaust ducts leading from the equipment at both of the following times:
– When installation is completed
– Annually after installation.
• Repair or clean exhaust systems when either of the following occur:
– Dust leaks are found; or
– The pressure drop gauge indicates a change exceeding 20 percent.
• Use an abrasive separator to separate larger particles for reuse on installations where abrasive is recirculated.
• Set up dust collecting equipment to do both of the following:
– Empty and remove accumulated dust without contaminating work areas
– Discharge the air used in blast cleaning equipment.
Dispose fine dust from dry collectors by doing one of the following:
• Emptying and transporting the fine dust in enclosed containers
• Using a sluice with a wetting process to contain the dust.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010
, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. WSR 06-12-074, § 296-818-40015, filed 6/6/06, effective 9/1/06.]